.
GREAT NEWS! WE HAVE A NEW WEBSITE THAT IS MUCH IMPROVED.


The site you're looking at is pretty much closed down but the new site is just a click away.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Winter Workshop a Success

Let's just say it was a success on some levels.  We had office Christmas parties working against us big time.  When we opened the doors, the temperature was 14 degrees.  The dusting of snow didn't help.  And those weren't even our big problems.  I ended up taking on the first part of the presentation.  I used to do that sort of thing for a living.  I figured it would be like riding a bicycle.  You just get back
on and ride.  I'm not sure how much people noticed, but I noticed that I was a bit rusty.  I'm definitely going to do some more public speaking in the future.  Fortunately, in large part because of Pilot Butte, my illness has improved and I'm able to do things today that I haven't done for more than 15 years.  Like a lot of people know, if you just keep walking, everything kind of gets better.

So we had a small group in attendance. That was actually very nice and we had a good time.  You'll be seeing people wearing the Icetrekkers on the Butte because we sold over 25 pairs.  I did report some early news about the winter trail group that spreads the cinders.  They are gearing up for this winter as we speak. It's a small group of specially trained people and it sounds like they have a way to get more people involved.  One thing they told me was there is this whole "science" as to when to spread the cinders.  If they spread them too early, they are pretty much wasted.  They know this because they've been doing it for so long.  So they have to wait until things start getting bad before they act.  

That's one reason why it becomes important for people to have the right gear and skills to stay safe while on the trails.  That's what we covered at the workshop.  I'll be putting up a video with a lot of that information so that people who couldn't make it to the workshop can have access.  Also, no promises here, but I'll try to see if we can keep the Icetrekkers available to members at a low price. We have to do this in partnership with a business.  I doubt the discount will be all the way down to wholesale price.  But, if we are able to do it, the discount will be substantial.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment