.
GREAT NEWS! WE HAVE A NEW WEBSITE THAT IS MUCH IMPROVED.


The site you're looking at is pretty much closed down but the new site is just a click away.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Next phase of membership campaign starts Monday

We launched the first phase of our membership campaign a while back and got 22 founding members.  It was exciting to see it take off so fast just based on an email.  There was another stage we were supposed to do but it wasn't possible because of our trip to Alaska and some pressing PBSS/SMB matters.  So we've been at 22 for a while.  Btw, the money from those memberships was greatly
needed because all the money from SMB 2013 is tied to projects in the park.  We had bills to pay for SMB 2014 and no money to pay them.  Those membership fees helped big time.

Now we are ready to launch the second phase and just in the nick of time.  There are expenses looming for permits and such that we must pay to pin down the date for SMB 2014.  It could easily be several hundred dollars and perhaps more.  Even more important, many people are anxious to know what has been happening with PBSS/SMB and membership is the easiest way to find out.  We are not going to make the mistake we made last year of putting that kind of detailed information on this general blog for SMB.  We are looking at about 1,000 participants in 2014 and we can't run the risk of boring more than half of them with that level of detail.

I'm posting this today to give people a heads up about the campaign.  We've heard that many people want to be founding members and there are only 28 of those memberships left.  The easiest way to become a member is to do so online using the link above.  You can also call us at the SMB phone number: (541) 306-8411.

Happy trails,
Bill

5 comments:

  1. I would like to follow the projects that you do for Pilot Butte and possibly participate in the 2014 event, but I have a lot of questions. What makes the 2014 permits so costly? Why don't you pay for those expenses out of the $3400 that was raised in 2013, then use the remainder for projects? That way membership fees would be unnecessary. Why are you requiring that I pay a membership fee to get information? Why do you think it is a mistake to put information on this website? If you are not a non-profit organization yet, what entity has custody and control of the money raised in 2013? I walk up Pilot Butte a lot, but I haven't seen any new projects. I hope you can answer my questions because I would love to be involved in helping Pilot Butte. Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee,

    Great questions. I went to answer and ran WAY past the 4,096 character limit. So click on this link for my response to all of your questions: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwEFQv1A7G3SRVB2b0ZVWUItUUE/edit?usp=sharing

    I realize that it may not appear so, but things are really going well. This will become clear as we move ahead in coming months. Feel free to wait until that happens before becoming involved. Really, the things that are going on are going to knock your socks of. But there is no need to get involved until the socks come flying off. On the other hand, if you can't wait, I'd be happy to sit down with you and fill you in. We had an important meeting today where I gave a formal presentation to some high level people. I do believe a couple of them left without their socks. What I'm trying to say is it isn't difficult for me to get someone connected with what has been and is happening at PBSS/SMB.

    Happy trails,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I found a way to put a link into a comment so that you don't have to cut and paste. Now, if I can only figure out why the tech part of my brain is working today, but wasn't working yesterday, I'll be golden. :)

      CLICK HERE for my response to Renee's questions

      Delete
  3. Oops, looks like you have to copy and paste the link above. Why don't the give us the option to put links in comments? I'll look for a solution ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, thanks to Renee I am learning. Turned out that people couldn't access the information I provided above because I forgot to change the permission settings. I just did that and so it should work. Let me know if it doesn't. I also found a way to put a link in a comment on blogger. Problem is, my mind isn't working well enough yet to understand it. Hopefully, I'll feel more tech-savvy this afternoon and will be able to take a stab at it.

    ReplyDelete